This study day explores anatomy and physiology of defecation and the nurses role in assessment and understanding Digital Rectal Examination.
Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) Study Day
- Monday 16th Sep 2019
- 9am - 4:30pm
- Room 1, Medical Education Centre, Level 6, St Mark's Hospital
Bowel care and digital rectal examination is a fundamental area of patient care that is frequently overlooked, yet it is of paramount importance for the quality of life of our patients.
To increase the knowledge and understanding of nurses on digital examination of the rectum.
The course will cover :
- Anatomy and physiology of defecation and pathophysiology
- The importance of assessment
- The nurses role in digital rectal examination
- The practicalities of digital rectal examination
This study day would be of interest to nurses who care for people with many different aspects of bowel dysfunction.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Facilitated discussions
For further information please contact St Mark’s Nurse Education:Book online now