This course aims to enhance the practitioner’s ability to provide an individualised holistic standard of care within a day care setting and endoscopy nursing practice.
Endoscopy Assistant Master Class
- Saturday 25th Mar 2017
- 10am - 4:30pm
- St Mark's Hospital, Harrow
The aim of this course is to consolidate and develop the practitioner’s knowledge in all aspects of theoretical and practical gastrointestinal endoscopy nursing. A combination of theoretical and practice based learning strategies will be used to promote an analytical and evaluative approach to care, and practitioner’s will have the opportunity to develop a critical understanding of the ethical, safety and professional issues involved in endoscopy procedures.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of the psychological, social and physical implications of a person undergoing an endoscopy.
- Demonstrate an in-depth level of knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology in relation to endoscopy and the gastrointestinal tract.
- Demonstrate application of the theoretical underpinnings encompassing informed choice, optimal treatments and resource management in endoscopy nursing.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the decontamination of endoscopy equipment in accordance with BSG/HTM guidelines.
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of appropriate frameworks for assessment of health and planning of care.
- Utilise knowledge of health education and health promotion in practice through effective management and coordination of health education strategies.
- Identify the knowledge and skills required to assess and manage the clinical environment for safe and effective practice.
For further information, view the [PDF] Endoscopy Nurse Assistant Master Class (please note, programme and speakers subject to change).
Online booking is available, if your place is being supported by your employer complete the endoscopy-nurse-assistant-master-class-application-form [word doc] and email it to email@example.com.