This is a validated, week long, "hands on" course aimed at small teams of radiographers (joined by their radiologist lead on the penultimate day).
St Mark’s “Hands on” CT Colonography Course for Radiographers – October
- Monday 19th Oct - Friday 23rd Oct 2015
- 7:30am - 5pm
- St Mark's Hospital
This course is fully booked. For further information on St Mark’s CTC courses for radiographers, please contact the Academic Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course is aimed primarily at all radiographers, but will be particularly beneficial for those wanting a conversion course from barium enema to CTC or for CT radiographers with limited experience of colonic imaging.
The course includes:
- The theoretical knowledge, understanding and the skills required to perform CTC in routine clinical practice as part of a multidisciplinary team, including a critical appraisal of current evidence influencing CTC practice
- Focus on the radiographer role in the team including consent, technique and primary case review
- Involvement with the daily CTC service each morning
- Individual “hands on” state of the art workstations equipped with 2D scrolling, 3D endoluminal flythrough and computer assisted detection (CAD) software
- Up to date syllabus including patient preparation, colonic distension technique, reading technique
- Pitfalls and problem solving
- Full range of endoscopically validated cases including faecal tagging
- Practical advice on implementation including funding/staffing/technique protocol’s and workflow
A well-structured hands-on programme covering clinical and service aspects of CT Colonography. May support outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 22 of CPD Now.The College of Radiographers