A one-day course for junior clinicians wishing to get a publication, or Clinical Research Fellows who are undertaking a systematic review or meta-analysis as part of their thesis.
Practical Course in Systematic Reviews and Meta-analysis
- Saturday 31st Oct 2015
- 9am - 4:30pm
- St Mark's Hospital
This one-day course was designed to facilitate clinicians and researchers to publish a manuscript using evidence synthesis techniques.
The course will involve lectures and practical sessions. A course manual will be given to participants prior to the course.
Target Audience: healthcare researchers, doctors, nurses, students and individuals who are interested in the design and production of high quality systematic reviews.
- Introduction to systematic reviews and meta-analysis
- Search engines and literature searches
- Critical appraisal
- Introduction to the relevant statistical methods
- Introduction to software for meta-analysis
- Publication and reporting bias